What kind of WiFi network or router do I need?
Smart Formula Mixer Pro need to be connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network， Smart Formula Mixer Pro cannot be connected to a 5GHz network. Keep the following in mind when checking what type of router you have:
- Newer routers are often dual-band, with 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Most single-band routers are 2.4GHz.
- Smart Formula Pro devices will not work with enterprise WiFi networks that have a landing page, sign in portal or require a browser to complete the connection.
- If your internet requires you to provide not only an SSID but also a username, account name and password, you will not be able to use Smart Formula Mixer Pro.
- Common examples are hotels or airport public networks.
How many WiFi networks do you see that belong to you?
I see ONE network: If you only see one WiFi network name that belongs to you, it should be a 2.4GHz network and will work with Smart Formula Mixer Pro
I see TWO or more networks: If you see two or more WiFi network names that belong to you, then you probably have a 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band router. If so, from your smartphone's Wireless settings page, look at the names of your WiFi networks.
- A 2.4 GHz network may have "24G," "2.4," or "24" appended to the end of the network name. Or it might not have anything at all after the name.
- A 5 GHz network may have "5G," "5g," 5GHz," or "5" appended to the end of the network name, for example "MyWirelessNetwork - 5g"
- When setting up your Smart Formula Mixer Pro, connect to the 2.4GHz band.
Make sure the network you pick does not have "5G," "5g," 5GHz," or "5" at the end.